Friday 7 May 2010

The National

On Wednesday I witnessed a truly great band play live, The National. I had been waiting to see them for so long and I was in no way disappointed. The Electric Ballroom is a great venue, it's intimate and was a joy to see the band in this size of a venue for my first time.



The new material took up a big chunk of the set list and fitted in great with their previous songs. The encore saw lead singer Matt Berninger take to the crowd while managing to still sing Mr November, a very poignant song having associations with the American election and it being the eve of our own general election.


Lucky people seeing those seeing them in the Royal Albert Hall, I'm sure it was a very special gig but the Electric Ballroom gig was special in its own ways too.

See them perform Terrible Love on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon here